RECIPE// Savoury - Tandoori grilled pork chops with Spicy Ghee Rice
by Gippsland Jersey
"The golden ghee is a winner. I haven't had a good ghee for a long time. The aroma is so good!!" - Cindy, Chef.
Cindy kindly shared her recipe for these incredibly delicious Tandoori Grilled Chops recently and we are loving this vibrant, tasty dish!
1 kg / 4 pcs pork chops
4 tablespoon plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon Gippsland Jersey golden ghee (melted)
1 juice of lemon & zest
A pinch of salt
Mixed all the marinade ingredients well with the chops and let it marinate for at least 2 hours or even better overnight in the fridge. Take it out from the fridge 30 mins before cooking.
Pan-fried or grill pork chops for about 10 mins and set aside.
Ghee Spice Rice
1 red onion – sliced finely
1 teaspoon chopped fine garlic
2 tablespoon Gippsland Jersey golden ghee/spice flavour ghee
3 bay leaves/curry leaves
2 cups of basmati rice/wild rice
Whole spice – 1 cinnamon stick/3 star anise/3 cardomom pods/5 cloves (optional)
1 tablespoon garam masala
A pinch of salt to taste
- Heat pan to medium heat with ghee. Add in whole spice, garam masala and bay leaves/curry leaves, fry for 2 mins.
- Add in onion and garlic fry till fragrant.
- Mix in the rice and mix well with the spices. Fry for another 2 mins.
- Put the grilled chops on the rice and add in 2 cups of water, enough to cover the rice and chops.
- Turn up the heat and let it boil and then turn the heat down to low. Cover the pan with the lid and let it simmer for 20 mins. Do not open the lid in between cooking.
- Turn off the fire and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Loosen the rice and serve
- Serve the one-pan pork and rice with stir-fry vegetables and cucumber raita.
Have you tried this one? leave us a comment if you have and tag us in your creations #GippslandJersey
Our Pure Golden Ghee comes in both Spiced and Plain varieties. Our Spiced Ghee has a subtle blend of indian spices with a medium heat on the palate. Use anywhere you want to add a little spice! You can buy them both here
Want to know more about Ghee? Head to our blog article here