RECIPE// Creamy Cauliflower Soup
by Gippsland Jersey
Cooking time: 30 mins
Prep time: 15 mins
Soup season is officially upon us, and while it’s a little sad that we won’t be hitting the beach for a little while, it’s the perfect time to start cooking warm and comforting foods!
This creamy cauliflower is a cheap and easy recipe to feed the family, with a few simple ingredients elevated by the best dairy going around - in the form of our silky pouring cream and cultured butter.
You’ll start by roasting Cauliflower with garlic and onion to bring out their flavour and sweetness, then blend through some cream and butter to really take the dish up to the next level. You can adapt this recipe to suit your taste - if Cauliflower isn’t your thing, try roasting broccoli, pumpkin or tomatoes! Many different vegetables can work here, and the cream and butter will bring it together for a delicious and nutritious dish that you can have immediately or freeze and save for later.
Check out the recipe below.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 brown onions
- 4 cups of stock (vegetable or chicken)
- ½ cup Gippsland Jersey cream
- 2-3 tbsp Gippsland Jersey butter
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place roughly chopped cauliflower, garlic and onion on a baking tray
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt/pepper. Roast in oven until golden brown.
- Add roasted vegetables to a pan, add 4 cups of stock and simmer.
- Blend together using a hand mixer
- Add ½ cup cream and 2 tbsp butter
- Stir well to combine and season to taste
- Drizzle lightly with cream, olive oil and serve with your favourite toppings - crispy bacon, chives, croutons, parmesan - the possibilities are endless!